After a couple of nail fails, I finally settled on an ikat print design for this mani.
I started by layering a darker color over a lighter color (China Glaze Kalahari Kiss & CG Jungle Queen). I then used acetone and a q-tip to remove the top layer of polish and create diamond patterns. At this point, it looked really bad. I then took a black striping polish and went around the diamond patterns with lines, and it started to actually look like ikat print.
Sorry about all of the pictures! I couldn't narrow it down!
And while I like these colors, I think it would be fun to do this next time with orange or turquoise instead of the purple color!
I really loved both of these colors, and I especially love the picture below. It really shows the subtle shimmer in Jungle Queen.